* For Mix & Master you can submit up to 48 track stems.
* Please render individual tracks using the same sample rate and bit depth settings as your session.
* Please consolidate audio files making sure they share the same start time.
* Maximum peak levels should be -10dB to -6dB.
* We can mix lossy formats such as MP3's, but we highly recommend for you to submit lossless formats such as WAV(preferred) or AIFF.
* Instrument tracks need to be rendered as audio.
* Inserts and sends should be bypassed unless you have worked hard to create a special sound/fx.
* We can pitch correct vocals, but it’s best for you to take care of that so our engineers can focus on the mix.
* Revisions are simple requests such as "more reverb on vocals", or "add a bit low end to the kick". Any major change of direction will be considered a new mix project. It is important to provide as much information as you can during submission along with a commercially released song for our engineers to use as reference.
A fully Mixed, Analog Summed, Analog Hardware Treated [EQ's, Comps, Neve 5014 - (Deluxe Mix & Master only)], and Mastered track:
44.1kHz 16bit WAV file(s) maximized volume
Master, Live performance and Remixing:
Post Production i.e. - T.V Track (instrumental plus background vocals)
* For Basic Mastering you can submit a stereo file of each song and for Stem Mastering you can submit up to 4 stereo stems for each song (i.e. - Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Drums)
* Please render individual song(s)/stems using the same sample rate and bit depth settings as your session.
* Please consolidate your stems making sure they share the same start time.
* Maximum overall peak levels should be -10dB to -6dB.
* We can master lossy formats such as MP3's, but we highly recommend for you to submit lossless formats such as WAV(preferred) or AIFF.
* Revisions are simple requests such as "more high-end", or "add a bit low end to the kick". Any major change of direction will be considered a new mastering project. It is important to provide as much information during submission along with a commercially released song so our engineers can use it as reference.
44.1kHz 16bit WAV file
HERE IS A GREAT ARTICLE THAT GIVES YOU THE 10 ESSENTIAL TIPS TO PREPARE YOUR TRACK FOR MASTERING:
Although its good practice to get a strong signal, when recording, don't let any audio clip/peak AT ALL. Getting your vocals / instruments to peak at a maximum of around -3dB gives me headroom to work with your vocals / instruments. If your vocals / instruments are clipping during recording, nothing can be done to fix the distorted sound and it can ruin your project.Please be aware that I can only do so much to get your recordings to sound great. To make things better for us both its recommended that you have a clean recording signal. A Condenser Microphone is reccomended. Make sure your vocals arent clipping (in the red) on your audio interface. You can reduce background noise by recording in a quiet location, and reduce ambience, echos and reflections by using a reflection filter or recording booth (a closet with clothes makes a great recording booth). To reduce "POP's" & unwanted "S" sounds. its highly recommended that you use a pop filter when recording. The better your recordings are the better I can make your finished product sound!
Mastering generally takes 1 - 2 days for single songs and 7 - 10 business days for full albums. It will then be emailed to you via Dropbox promptly after completion. Depending on my current work load, the turnaround time may be longer. Before making a purchase, please speak with me about the turnaround time for your project.
Mixing generally takes 3 - 4 days for single songs and 12 - 16 business days for full albums. It will then be emailed to you via Dropbox promptly after completion. Depending on my current work load, the turnaround time may be longer. Before making a purchase, please speak with me about the turnaround time for your project.
You can send send your audio stems to me via a Dropbox folder link. Go to Dropbox.com and get a free 2GB plan, and put your song stems in a folder and share the link to me in an email. You could also use Wetransfer.com, but I prefer Dropbox. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computers - Apple Mac Pro (Trashcan) 8-Core 3.3Ghz 64GB RAM 25mb Smart Cache & Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 16GB RAM, iPad Air 2 for Pro Tools App
DAW - Pro Tools Ultimate, Logic Pro X, Universal Audio Luna
Interface - Universal Audio Apollo x16 18x20 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface w/ 6-core HEXA Core Processor
Additional DSP - 2x UAD-2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt
Summing Mixer - Neve 8816 16:2 Summing Mixer & Neve 8804 Fader Pack
Passive Transformer Box - Avedis TransDrive with 2x Western Electric Transformers
Cables - LDS uses all Mogami 2534 Quad and Mogami 2549 cables. We use all Mogami 2932/2934 8/16 channel snakes
Monitors - Focal Solo6 Be Monitors & Adam Sub8 Subwoofer
Headphones - Seinnheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770
Analog to Digital (A/D) Converter - Burl Audio B2 Bomber ADC w/ Dante
Digital to Analog (D/A) Converter - Burl Audio B2 Bomber DAC w/ Dante
Monitor Controller - Dangerous Source with upgraded Teradak DC-200W 12V/13A Linear Power Supply
Clock I/O - Burl Audio B2 Bomber ADC w/ Dante as Master Clock
DI - A-Designs REDDI, API TranZformer GT
Analog EQs - Manley Massive Passive Mastering Edition, Retro 2A3, Great River MAQ-2NV, A-Designs Hammer 2, Kush Audio Clariphonic, API 5500, 2x Heritage Audio 73eq Jr EQs, 2x Avedis E27 EQs, 2x CAPI LC25 10 band EQs,
2x A-Designs EM-PEQ 500, 2x Great River 32EQ Harrison EQs, 2x Manley CORE Bandaxall EQs
Analog HPF/LPF/Notch Filters - 2x API 565 Analog Filters
Analog Compressors - Manley Vari-Mu (HPF/T-Bar Mod), API 2500 Stereo VCA Bus Comp, API 529 Bus Comp, 2x Retro Doublewide Vari-Mu Comps, Dramatic Audio Obsidian 500 Stereo VCA Buss Comp, 2x Manley CORE ELOP Opto Comps + 2x Manley CORE Limiters, Empirical Labs Fatso Jr EL7 Comp, (1) Hairball 1176 Rev A Bluestripe FET Comp, (1) Retro Sta-Level, 2x Chandler Limited TG Opto 500 Comps, 2x Chandler Little Devil FET Comps, Shadow Hills Dual Vandergraph
Analog Synths - Moog Sub Phatty, Moog Mother 32, Moog Minitaur
Drum Machines - Dave Smith Instruments Tempest, Elektron Analog Rytm mkII, Akai XR20
De-Essers/HF Limiters - Empirical Labs Fatso Warmth Circuit
Stereo Saturator - Elysia Karacter 500
Tape Emulator - Empirical Labs Fatso, 2x Rupert Neve Designs Portico 542
Analog Multi-Effects Processor - Lexicon PCM81 Digital Effects Processor with Dual FX Card
Analog Reverb Processors - Bricasti M7 Reverb
Mic Pres - 2x CAPI VP28, 2x Manley CORE Channel Strips, 2x Heritage Audio 73jr, 2x Chandler Little Devil Preamps,
(1) Mono A-Designs EM-Gold 500 Preamp
Mics - Soundelux Elux 251, Chandler TG Mic, Peluso 2247SE Handwired LDC, Peluso P-87 LDC, Peluso P-28 Tube SDC, Peluso R-14 Ribbon, Rode NT4 X/Y Stereo Condenser, Oktava MK-012 SDC, AKG C535 EB Handheld Condenser Mic, Shure SM7B Dynamic, Shure SM57, EV ND267A Dynamic
Acoustic Guitars - 2020 Gibson Custom Shop 1942 Banner Southern Jumbo, 2004 Gibson Advanced Jumbo,
Vintage 1965 Gibson J-50 ADJ, Vintage 1971 Martin D-35, 2020 Breedlove Legacy Concert CE
Electric Guitars - 2014 Gibson SG 120, 2004 Fender Stratocaster Deluxe
Guitar Amps - Modded Epiphone Jr. 5 Watt Combo, Supro 1624T Dual-Tone Combo, Modded Fender Blues Deluxe
Guitar Cab Simulator - Universal Audio Ox
Plugins - We use only the best industry standard plugins including: Full suite of Universal Audio UAD-2 plugins (including all current plugs through 2020), Slate Digital, Soundtoys, Waves, Melodyne, Izotope RX6 Standard, etc...
~IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK VIA THE CONTACT PAGE~